Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Bookcover From Hell

. . . or maybe it was a bad Photoshop day.

Today I received the proof copies of More Peevish Advice. I thought I'd made it clear to the POD company what the cover should look like. I sent print-outs and explicit directions.

I did not get what I imagined.

Instead, I got this (ignore the gray line at the bottom; I didn't crop very well):


I thought lavender would make a nice background. Instead, I got the color of the heartburn pill.

I never asked for a green frame. And not a Victorian frame. I thought a silver or gold frame would look beauty-shoppish.

The part of my Dolly Parton wig that has the pink plastic curler on top is cut off.

The illustrator's name is missing.

I was not sunburned or embarrassed when my picture was taken. Where did the red skin-tone come from?

I wanted the same font for my name as Peevish Advice had in 2001. The squarish font looks too techy.

I emailed my list of complaints/corrections to the project manager as soon as I saw the cover. Let's see if they fix it. Meanwhile . . .

ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marion said...

Ahem...it makes Ida B. look as if she is in a, uh, different sort of business.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

GAWP! Uh, yeah, I kind of thought the same as Marion. Or that it might be one of those steamy romance novels.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home