Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Don't Exist?

Well, it’s official: I don’t exist. I checked HowManyOfMe.com to see how many other people in the United States are named Becky Mushko. The result:

  • There are 0 people in the U.S. named Becky Mushko.
  • One or both of the names you entered were not found in our database.

I’d heard of HowManyOfMe.com while reading Mike Allen’s blog. (Note: Mike is a Roanoke Times reporter who had done a superb job with the obituary of Roanoke writer Nelson Bond, who died Saturday at 98. After I’d read more about Nelson Bond on Mike’s blog, I kept reading. That’s when I found to reference to HowManyOfMe.com.)

I learned that there are 567 Mike Allens. But not one Becky Mushko.

However, I did learn this: There are 98,990 people in the U.S. with the first name Becky.
  • Statistically the 526th most popular first name. (tied with 4 other first names)
  • More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Becky are female.
Had I kept my maiden name, I’d exist. I’d be one of 996. But, I’ll stick with being Becky Mushko. Shame that I don’t exist, though. Gee, I feel so real.

I wonder how that one guy named Becky feels.

4 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

The site apparently doesn't register well if you have an odd name. I found a number of people it says doesn't exist.

I know you're there, anyway.

11:20 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

You may not exist, but that does not make you any less real...

http://jestersrap.blogspot.com/

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is plentiful but my dad's name is like yours- the only one.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Hello, NaBloPoMo neighbor! Thanks for stopping by, that was very neighborly of you. I wish I could offer you some tea or something. :)

It says there are 10 of me. And all this time I thought I was so unique! Well, at least I exist. I think...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home