Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Dog Tired

I'm dog-tired after spending the day in Roanoke (the big city!) as writer-in-residence at Cave Spring High School, so I'll just post a picture of Maggie making her birthday bone last for several days.


Thanks to C. S. student Matt B. for giving me a concise definition of redneck. He quoted Jeff Foxworthy's definition: "A glorious absence of sophistication."

That says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home