Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Signs of Spring 2021

 These are some of the blooms I've seen in my yard during April and May:

This weeping cherry was planted by the birds years ago.

Two more weeping cherries the birds planted.

When I planted this forsythia, it was just a stick.

I bought this cherry tree at a plant sale years ago.
The cherries are small and not good to eat.

Wisteria I planted on the gazebo a decade ago.

This lilac started from a slip I dug up on my farm.
See https://peevishpen.blogspot.com/2017/04/lilacs-and-connections.html


Redbuds and other lilacs.

White dogwood

Pink dogwood

Spirea

Purple money plants

Lighter purple money plants.

These azaleas were here when we  moved in.

I transplanted these iris from our graveyard.

I planted this sweet shrub a few years ago.

 I planted this clematis at the old gazebo.

Mama gave me these peony bulbs two decades ago.

Iris near road.

Yellow iris near road

Ruffled pink iris

I planted these peonies near gazebo a decade ago.

The birds plznted these wild roses on the pature fence.

Birds planted this wild cherry too.

The poplar tree was a volunteer that just kept growing.

~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

It sure has been a pretty Spring. Thanks for sharing!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home