Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, September 15, 2017

A Place in the Sun

by Tanner
(Housecat-in-Chief)

Today was a good day to stretch out in my place in the sun and play with a big feather that my daddy gave me.


He said it fell out of a turkey. The turkey didn't come back for it, so it is mine now.


Anyhow, right in front of the sliding glass door is a purrfect spot fot a cat. My cat-tower is nearby, and I can look ot the door and watch stuff. And the sun shines in real bright, so it is a good place for a cat. Also, I can push things under the chair if I want to keep them safe.


I like to rub my face all over the big  feather. That makes it mine.



I rub it on the back of my head, too. Sometimes my kitty Arlo wants to join me. I raised Arlo from a little bitty kitty, and he is a big cat now.


When Arlo first came here, I had to teach him how to play with a big feather. I wrote about it in this blog post from two years ago.


After Arlo got tired cuddling with me, Alfreda (who is Arlo's kitty) came along to see what I was doing. She wanted my big feather, but I wouldn't share because she would tear it up. 


Alfreda tried to distract me by looking out the window like there was something out there I ought to see, but I didn't fall for her trick.


Finally Alfreda and Arlo left me alone so I could enjoy my big feather and my place in the sun all by myself.
~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home