Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Laundry

I stole "Sunday Stealing: Laundry" from Blue Country Magic who stole it from Sunday Stealing, etc.

Laundry Day Meme (Since most of these questions don't have anything to do with laundry, I assume this is a place to air our dirty laundry. Or something.)

1. Do you know any couples that have been married for a very long time? A. My husband and I have been married 48 years. That's pretty long. But I know a few couples who've been married over 50 years.

2. What are you tired of people telling you? A. I don't know. I think a lot of folks have given up on giving me advice.

3. Which type of ice cream do you prefer? A. Breyer's Strawberry. Only 14 carbs per serving and not much in the way of added chemicals.

 


4. Do you have a little sister? A. Nope.

5. What was the last movie you watched on TV? I haven't watched a movie on TV for months—maybe years. But it was probably something on PBS. I don't watch a lot of TV.

6. If the internet was not available right now, what would you do instead? A. Read. Write. Sleep.
(Speaking of books, mine are available on Amazon. Click here to see my author page. I'll have a new novel, Them That Go, available in a month or so.)


7. Do you complain a lot? A. Yes. That's the main way to bring attention to a problem. The squeaky wheel gets the grease sort of thing.

8. Name a movie that your favorite actor is in. A. I don't think I have a favorite actor.

9. Do you like your toes? A. Not especially. But I'm glad I have toes, though. I'd hate if they went missing.

10. Would you rather go to an authentic haunted house or an ancient temple? A. The house. A real haunted house, not one of those fakey-scary things that crop up at Halloween.

11. Have you ever had champagne? Did you like it? A. A long time ago, and I liked it. But having diabetes means that alcohol is pretty much a no-no now.

12. Are there any seashells in your room? A. Yes. In several rooms actually.

13. What was the reason for the last time you went outside? A. To feed the barn-cats and horse.

14. Do you like fruity or minty gum? A. I don't chew gum. Haven't chewed for decades. But, as flavors go, minty is better than fruity.

15. Are you looking forward to any day of this month? A. Not especially. I'm looking forward to spring, though.

16. What was the last graduation you attended? A. An ECPI graduation. I taught there for a while in the late 90s.

17. Do you rummage through the $5 movie bin at Walmart every time? A. Never.

18. What day of the week do you usually do laundry? A. Varies—several days a week. Does anyone really have a "laundry day" anymore.

19. Do you like using air fresheners? A. No. Too many chemicals.

20. Are your nails ever painted red? A. Not for decades—and likely my nails will never be painted red.

21. When you were a baby, did you have a favorite blanket? A. Not that I recall. I think I had one blanket and one quilt, so not much to pick from.

22. Ever been on a cruise? A. No. Never really wanted to.

23. Would you rather go to Alaska or Russia? A. Alaska. But there are a lot of other places I'd rather go first.

24. Strawberries or bananas? A. Strawberries. They're way more diabetic friendly than bananas (which always cause my blood sugar to soar).

25. Are you wearing socks? A. Yes. I wear socks every day.

26. When’s the last time you went to the mall? A. I went to Staples at Tanglewood Mall in Roanoke eight or nine months ago, but I didn't go into the mall itself. I haven't been inside an actual mall for several years.
~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home