Making a List Meme
1. Do you like making lists?
2. Do/did you play sports with your siblings?
3. Would you rather go to a University or a community college?
A university—because it offers a lot more in the way of classes and cultural events. A university offers a lot more educational opportunities than a smaller college. But some community colleges can have doggone good classes.
4. What’s your favorite kind of bread?
I don't eat bread. Gluten-intolerant and diabetic. But the bread I remember is the "light bread" that my Grandma Ruble used to make. It would be impossible to duplicate that now, because the wheat changed in the 1970s. In 2007, I blogged about the recipe here.
5. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
I don't eat pizza. See #4 above.
6. What color or design does your shower curtain have?
My showers have glass doors. No need for a shower curtain.
7. What kind of car does/did your mom drive?
My mother didn't drive.
8. What’s on your cell phone’s home screen?
I have a Tracfone. It has a generic home screen.
9. Do you like to watch the National Geographic channel?
I probably would if I had cable or satellite. But I don't.
10. Are you the type of person to correct a survey maker’s grammar and/or spelling?
I have been known to do so, yes.
11. What color is your microwave?
Black with a beige—no, bisque—top to match the stove. The back-up microwave in the downstairs kitchen is white.
12. Do you have a fan in your bedroom?
Do you mean the kind that circulates air? If so, yes. Do you mean someone who applauds and seeks my autograph? No.
|Note the cat pull-cord on my bedroom fan.|
13. Mountain Dew or Sprite?
Neither. They're equally high-fructose nasty. I haven't partaken of sodas for years.
14. Does it rain a lot where you live?
Not lately. The lawn is drying up . . .
. . . and my garden is dry, too. The kale I planted here is a lost cause:
15. Do you shop at Walmart regularly?
Only to buy cat food.
16. Does it bother you when animals lick themselves?
The great thing about cats (and some other species) is that they're self-cleaning. It doesn't even bother me when they lick each other.
17. Have you ever been to a Trader Joe’s?
No. I don't even know where the closest one is.
18. What’s the longest time you’ve ever been stuck in traffic?
Not more than an hour. And that was on interstate long ago. I don' travel much now, and I avoid interstates whenever I can.
19. Do you wear black a lot?
Yes. Black goes with everything (except cat hair).
20. Are there stairs in your house?
Yes. Do I use them? I rarely use the stairs to the attic. I use the stairs to the lower level a couple of times per week. If they didn't have handrails, I'd rarely go downstairs.
21. Have you ever held $500 in cash?
More than that, actually. But not lately.
22. Do you like onions on your burger?
Yes, but all the burgers I eat are bunless (See #4 above.)
23. Could you ever give yourself a shot?
Duh! I'm a diabetic. I do that on a daily basis. I can also give shots to horses, if I need to.
|My insulin pen and the needles.|
24. Do you wear shoes in the house?
Sometimes. But I'm more comfortable barefoot and find it easier to balance barefoot.
25. Have you ever worked as a cashier?
No, thank goodness.