Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

I Get Around

. . . considerably better now, thanks to a golf cart. For way too long, I've been having leg problems, and walking has often been a problem. If I walked down to feed Melody and the barn critters, sometimes I had problems getting back. Walking to the mailbox meant a stop at either the gazebo or one of the benches to rest. Usually, instead of walking, I drove the old PT. But there were places on the property where a car wouldn't go. For a while, I used the 4-Wheeler, but it became increasingly harder to swing my leg over the seat and hard to change gears.

I thought about getting a Trail Wagon at Tractor Supply with the 10% off coupon that came in the mail. However, I couldn't test drive the ones there because the battery was dead in all of them. That didn't bode well. I thought I'd better look for something else.

So, I decided to get a golf cart. My husband and I watched ads for a while, and then went to look at a used one that was about 10 miles from us. The seller had several for sale.


We got there before he did, but we found the one that looked just like the ad.


So we checked it out.


After the seller arrived, my husband and I both test drove it.


I found it very easy to handle.


I wrote a check. I figured we'd need to go get our flatbed to take it home, but the seller agreed to deliver it immediately for no extra charge. The cart was easy to load on his flatbed.


. . . and soon it was on the road.




It wasn't long until it was in my yard. It looked right at home.


The next day, a big orange cat occupied the cart.


George thought it made a great place to nap.


He didn't like having his nap disturbed.


Looks like I'll be sharing my new ride. . . .
~

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like a cart like this also.... I can walk down our long driveway but getting back up the hill is a huge problem for me. May have to shop for one! xox Glad you found the perfect one for your needs.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Susan Coryell said...

OK. Now, how about you learn to play golf?

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home