Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Toy

Anyone who follows me on Facebook knows I recently acquired a new toy. The Fed-Ex guy delivered it on Monday afternoon, and I couldn't wait to open the box. Inside the box was another box with a picture of an iPad on top.


I looked at it for a while.


When I opened it, this is what I found.


I turned it over. Yep, it's an iPad.


First I had to sync it. That took waaaaay over an hour because I put all my pictures on it and a bunch of apps that looked good. Plus, all the apps from my iPod Touch loaded, too.



After my husband and I took turns playing with it (I share my toys), I figured I should dress it up. Maybe give it a country look. I changed the background to a picture of Smith Farm and added a hat.

 

Does that say "downhome iPad," or what? OK, maybe a more sophisticated look. Something glitzy:


Nah, that doesn't do it at all. Maybe a western look?


No, that isn't the look I'm going for either. I am sooooo going to have to get some official iPad outfits. 

Meanwhile, I'm having fun playing with my new toy. I really like this little gizmo.
~


Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! I like the hat look myself.

We have toyed with the idea of getting an iPad but not sure we can justify getting one unless we find a reaaaally good reason to put it to use.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Di, I love the iPad. Great to lug around for wi-fi when I don't want to carry the laptop. Already downloaded some free books and a bunch of free apps.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I like the look with the hat. Have fun playing with your new gizmo.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

I ended up getting a very good deal on a leather cover, so the iPad has kind of an executive look.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home