Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sign of the season

The last tomato . . .


. . . means summer's almost over.


4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

My pumpkin didn't last the drought! I gave up watering it and just mowed over the garden yesterday.

I know cooler weather is on the way, the bugs want into my house really bad!

7:45 AM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

That's just sad.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh Becky that's sad. My grandmother used to tell us that she wanted us to plant a tomato bush by her grave so she could reach up and pluck one off!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

I cannot say I'm sorry to see this summer go...this morning it was actually cool. Hello, Fall!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home