Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Morning Gray, Evening Red

Evening red and morning gray sends the traveler on his way.
Evening gray and morning red brings down rain upon his head.

So the old saying goes. Monday morning began as a gray misty rain, but soon the sun broke through.



 Smith Mountain was shrouded in mist.


A few dark clouds hung on, but blue sky appeared. 


 By evening the sky was ablaze in color.


Before the sun had fully set, the moon peeked through pink clouds . . .


. . . while the sunset continued.




The day ended in red.


And the moon lit up the evening. 


~

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

Lovely sunset. Somehow I missed that! I wonder where I was.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to say hi. I found your blog when looking for the answer to writers group, writer's group, or writers' group and I can't stop reading your posts. I especially love the ones about your dogs and am hunting for any cat posts, too. Best wishes from one writer to another.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home