Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, September 03, 2015

1967 Firebird

One of the first things I did after I'd signed a teaching contract back in the spring of '67 was to order a new car. I selected a Pontiac Firebird, which had just come out a month or so earlier. I drove it for over 10 years and put about 100, 000 miles on it. Then we stored it for a couple of decades.

In 2010, we sold it to a guy just down the road. Here it is leaving, though not under its own power. It hadn't been drivable for years.


Today, the Firebird, newly restored, returned to visit me.


Its faded paint had been restored to its original color.




It had new carpet and the seats had been cleaned. The interior looked great!



It was good to see the old car again. This time, the Firebird left under its own power.


~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger R.M. said...

That's the kind of happy ending I LOVE!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home