Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mattress Moving

by Tanner Dempsey Mushko
(the housecat)

Mommy has been having back problems, so she got herself a new mattress and I had to help move the old one out of the bedroom. Dylan was supposed to help me.


But he didn't. I pushed and pushed the old mattress, but Dylan didn't help one bit.


He just hung on and let me do all the work.


He wouldn't even help lift it.


Finally, I got the mattress into the hall. I was so tired I had to take a nap.


I looked back to see if I forgot anything, but I hadn't.


When I got it past the bathroom, I thought if I pulled on the door, I could get a little leverage to move the mattress better.


When I got it around the corner, I stopped to look at the picture. That picture has a dog and a puppy in it. It would look better with a cat. I will have to get another picture to hang there.


Then I had to get busy pushing the mattress again. Finally I got it past the living room doors.


Soon I had it at the front door. Now I needed to open the door, but it is not easy if you don't have opposable thumbs.


I pushed and pushed.


Finally, I had to go back and get help.


Soon the mattress was outside.


I went back to get the box spring.


The box spring looks kind of crummy because Chloe and Jim-Bob pulled the bottom cover off it when they were little kitties. 


I stopped to look sat another picture when I went down the hall. Maybe I dozed off.


The next thing I knew I was downstairs and the door was closed, so I missed moving in the new mattress and springs. But I had seen them in the lawn after Daddy had pulled them out of Mommy's truck.


After Mommy let me back upstairs, I checked out the new mattress. It was firmer than the other one. I like a soft bed, but Mommy said this one would be better for her back.


I helped put on the new sheets. I had to go under cover to get the job done.


My tail looks like a zipper.


But it don't unzip. 


I like these new sheets. My tan hairs will show up real good on them.


Maybe I can get used to this new bed.
~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

That's a chore, changing out a mattress. I'm glad you managed so well Tanner.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Tanner yor such a big hep to yor Mommy! I waz so amzed at how strong you are. I bet ole Dylan just a sat ther lokkin fat. He don't lik to woke non do he?

I thinks yor right about those pictres of the dogs. I would change it to kats too. Dog pictre give me willies down my back and up my tail maks my fur stand on end.
I iz so glad yor waz a big hep to yor Mommie cause wid a bad back she couldn't done it wid out you.

I thinks yor prudy fur will match wel wid the shets. I kno if yor Mommies purrin bout the new bed it will be alrigh.

I kno you iz berry tird right now so you go rest and nap on Mommies new bed...Rest up real good Tanner cause I gots somethings to tell you directly thas gonna make yu hissin mad at me..it's about that uggie uggie pussum better rest up wez gona have a go round in any event on that situaon I don lik his face Tanner not one uggie uggie bit! Thats all iz gonna say now cause yu iz tirud and woked hard an all. Kat nap ~Kitty Kat

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home