Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

General Store Signing

On Friday, July 20, from 11 until 2, I'll join my Lake Writer buddies, Karen Wrigley, Sally Roseveare, and Sue Coryell at The General Store for a book-signing. I'll be signing Ferradiddledumday and Stuck, and maybe a couple of others.

I promoted the signing last week on WSLS TV's Daytime Blue Ridge, where I was interviewed by Natalie Faunce. Here's my behind-the-scenes view while I waited for the show to start:


I was told I'd be in one of the brown chairs at right. The table would be moved over to show my book.


There was a lot of equipment in the studio.


Next to the Daytime Blue Ridge set was the weather set. I watched the big map to see what the weather was doing in my neighborhood. Looked like it rained a bit while I was away.


Right before the show started, the producer served Slurpees to the hosts so they could promote "Free Slurpee Day" at 7-11. Then the show got underway. I was in an early segment, so I didn't have to wait long. Here's my interview:


Hope I'll see y'all at the General Store! But if you can't make it, here's a link to my Amazon page.
~

2 Comments:

Blogger R.M. said...

LOL - I got a free Slurpee that day, too! And you look fantastic! Maybe you should publish your diet secrets, too.

4:17 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

I thought it was a great interview.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home