Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Moonstruck

Last night the moon was supposed to be at its biggest and brightest because it was closer to earth than usual. Naturally, I wanted to see it. The weather, however, had other ideas. Yesterday, clouds started to roll in.


Then more clouds.


And more. Looked like the moon wouldn't be visible at all.


After dark, when I went outside, I could see some bright clouds, so I knew the moon was there. It's the blob in the photo below:


Later it looked like this:


The it morphed into this:


This is my favorite. It looks like an eye with a double brow:


For a few moments, I could see a round moon:



This shot is a bit blurred, but I like the effect.


This is kind of neat. A glowing head on an ethereal body?


I don't know what this one looks like:


A little glimpse of the moon is better than no glimpse at all, I suppose.

~

1 Comments:

Blogger R.M. said...

You saw more of it than we did - but at least I did see it. By 11:30 p.m. we were pretty well socked in.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home