Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Kitty Christmas Eve

Twas the night before Christmas in rural Virginia . . .


. . . and the kitties were nestled all snug in their beds. . . .

Camilla, that rug's not your bed!

Jim-Bob, what are you doing in there too?
You cats had better get to bed!

Jim-Bob: "Should I sleep in my basket?"

"Or should I nestle in this bed?"

Chloe: "Mommie and I haven't taken our baths yet."

"There's a spot right over here. . . ."

Santa Claus is on his way. Anybody seen Santa Claus?

Jim-Bob: "I haven't seen Santa Claws. But I found his hat."

Chloe: "Do I look like Santa Claws?"

Sorry, Chloe. Santa Claus looks like this:


But let's make sure our tree is ready . . . 


. . . because it isn't Christmas until the little horse sings:


Merry Christmas to y'all! 

May y'all have a good night!

~

1 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

Too cute! Merry Christmas!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home