Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

After Yesterday's Storm

Yesterday afternoon was hot and humid. Clouds formed and thunder rolled.


The thunder continued for hours. Toward late afternoon, I could see lightning flash in the south and west. Several showers poured down rain, but we didn't get the damaging wind that hit Roanoke and other places.

After the storms, everything was clean and bright.


I figured there'd be a pretty sunset. I was right.


Mist hangs below Chestnut Mountain

Jack's Mountain 

Cupcake lay down during the storm, so she's covered in shavings.


Melody went out to graze.


~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Great photos, especially the ones of the sky and flowers.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come leave a comment on my blog for the Fairy Hobmother! I did and won a $50 Amazon Gift Cert. Seriously.. come comment and leave your wish.

Di
Come play and leave your wish on my blog.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home