Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Coming Soon


Well, coming before too long from Cedar Creek Publishing. Today, the publisher sent me this preliminary design for the front cover.


I really like it. I can see the path where my main character, Gillie, takes her sheep down the hill to graze. Gillie and her pa live high in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The mountain in the background is really a mountain in the Blue Ridge.

However, I can see that the photo needs a tiny bit of work before it's final.

Do you see what the problem is? (You might have to click to enlarge.)

Update: The publication date for Ferradiddledumday is now mid-January 2010.
~


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve K. said...

OK I give. Can I get a clue?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Um, not yet. Wait until I get several more guesses.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

If you're talking about that grizzly bear on the mountain in the background, yeah, take it out. We don't have grizzlies in VA. Seriously, unless "Rumpelstiltskin" needs to be italicized, I see nothing.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Not a grizzly on the mountain. . . .

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stared at the photo twice.... no clue as to what's wrong with it.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

8:48 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

A cell tower? I really can't see anything but maybe?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Close! I don't think it's a cell tower, but it's a tower or antenna. There are actually three of them on the mountain, but only two are visible. They're very thin and they flash lights at night.

Now, does anyone know where this mountain is?

11:34 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so excited about this for you! It's about time the rest of the world gets to read this story.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home