Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter 2009

When I boiled eggs last night, one of them cracked in the boiling process. I thought it looked kind of, um, interesting:


FYI: Easter gets its name from Eostre (also spelled Ostara), a pagan goddess of spring and fertility.

Happy Easter, y'all!
~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

It looks like an egg with boobs. When I was in college (the first time) I made a cake. I didn't have a mixer, so I used a wooden spoon. Somehow, I didn't mix the egg in the center of the batter. When I took the cake out of the oven, there was a perfect hardboiled egg in the center!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home