Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Win Some, Lose Some (Almost)

The other day, my entry was declared the winner of the name the playhouse contest on The Blue Ridge Gal’s blog. The playhouse (two stories, wrap-around porch, and other amenities) is in the back of her backyard.


I suggested “Outback Shack.” While it’s not exactly a shack, it is outback. If you kind of squint, it looks shack-like.

My prize was an Andreas Vollenweider “Midnight Clear” CD. As I post this blog, I’m listening to the soothing harp music now. A good prize!

On another note: If you recall my recent post about my reclusive house cat Potter venturing out, well—Potter’s now been venturing since early Tuesday morning when my husband let him out because “he was crying to go out.”

So far, he’s stayed in the vicinity; he just won’t come back in. Yesterday, he sat on the steps for a while and ran across the deck at least three times. But he wouldn’t come in. Earlier tonight, for a few minutes I watched him through the security camera as he wandered around in the driveway. When I went out to see if I could get him, I made it to about ten feet from him before he ran the other way.

My animal communicator buddy Karen has been in touch with Potter, but so far he’s resisting any advice. He has too many snug little hiding places in the yard.

If you're so inclined, please send some vibes to Potter. Tell him to go inside. Couldn't hurt; might help.

Meanwhile, take a look at The Blue Ridge Gal’s blog. I think you'll like it.
~

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Nice name. I'm not as good with snappy phrases. So, I'm envious. And green. :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Glad you won the CD prize. I couldn't come up with anything, my thinker has been thought out lately.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Sounds like a wonderful prize! As for Potter, what on earth has gotten in to him? Must be all the goblins in the air.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Becky.... thanks for the mention! That Vollenweider CD is one of my favorites since it is so easy to listen to. The Forgiven track is probably my favorite. Glad you are enjoying it too!

Di
The BLue Ridge Gal

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home