Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sign on Route 40

The other day, I saw a sign that reinforced my philosophy that we are responsible for our own happiness:


Yeah, I know it's missing an s and it needs punctuation. . . .

~

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

The world is full of signs - signs from God have to be my favorite!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Once an English teacher...always an English teacher...and a happy one!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It's all in our attitude. We have the power. I like that.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my philosophy, too. That same thinking applies to those who've committed a crime but say "It's not my fault. [Blank] made me do it." And I'm glad you mentioned the sign is missing an s and needs punctuation or I would have mentioned it. But you know me well enough to know that!
Sally

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home