Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tombstone Updates

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 14 UP-DATE: The story of my pilfered tombstone spreads across the USA (Well, halfway)! The Dwyer & Michaels radio show in Iowa (Stations KNRA & WXLP; online at www.2dorks.com) wants to interview me. Listen online at 8 a.m. (or thereabouts) Thursday!
~~~

It's still missing. (Thanks to the many faithful blog readers who have called or emailed.) I didn't think my tombstone would return of its own accord.

Mike Allen's story about it made the front page of the Virginia section of today's Roanoke Times. [UPDATE: The Associated Press picked up the story. A story also ran in the  Franklin-News Post.]

I'll update this post periodically today if I hear anything. Right now, we assume it's just one in a long series of harassment by some of the local rednecks. (A summary of their harassment is here.) Or, possibly, the theft is related to the warrants I filed last week.

Time will tell. Or possibly the reward I'm offering will motivate one of the thief's buddies to tell: $500 for information leading to arrest and conviction of person responsible.

Stay tuned.

Edited to add: Was interviewed by phone by Q-99.]

~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Roanoke RnR said...

I can't believe you've had to put up with this harrassment. Aren't the officials in your town embarrassed? Hopefully this press will motivate them to actually do something. Be careful, I don't get a good feeling about these people.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home