Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Coffeehouse: August 10

Last night's Coffeehouse Reading was fun. We had a full house (full room?).


I read my essay, "Out of the Fog," from Cup of Comfort for Writers. I also read two short selections from More Peevish Advice.


Other readers were Marion Higgins, Dick Raymond, Linda Hamlett Childress, Dan Smith, and Fred First. After the readings, we had a book-signing. It's always nice to sell and sign some books.

Fred First makes a point. See Fred's blog for more event coverage.

Odds are good that we'll do more coffeehouse readings in the future.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Awwww! Wish I could have been there. It looked like fun!! Books and caffiene are my two favorites - too bad I missed it!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so sad that I missed it! Darn this bug! I'll catch the next one. Congratulations on your book!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home