Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Book Tour Begins

This morning I rose early (before Dylan the alarm cat jumped on me, which he does every day at 5:45 a.m.) to appear on Rise and Shine, the local channel 12 cable show, broadcast live from exciting downtown Redwood, Virginia. My purpose: to blatantly plug More Peevish Advice. Naturally, I wore my Ida B. Peevish get-up.


Yep, the More Peevish Advice book tour has officially commenced. So far, I have three stops on the tour, but I'm open to others.

On Wednesday, July 11, I'll be at the Daily Grind coffeeshop from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. to meet and greet customers, do a bit of reading, offer advice, sign books, etc. (If you're from out-of-town, the Daily Grind is beside the courthouse, near where the statue of the Confederate soldier used to be before a drunk driver ran into it last month and demolished it—the statue, not the courthouse.) My fellow Lake Writer, Marion Higgins will join me. She wrote When Men Move to the Basement, a collection of humorous essays. We both used the same illustrator, Bruce Rae, another Lake Writer.

On Saturday, July 21, I'll be in Salem at Cottage Curio, owned by fellow Valley Writer and retired sociology professor, Peggy Shifflett, who wrote two of the best self-pubbed books I've read in a long time: The Red Flannel Rag and Mom's Family Pie. Peggy's sister-in-law Hilda will be making blackberry dumplings that day.

On Saturday, July 28, Marion and I will be at the General Store in Westlake. Possibly Sally Roseveare (Secrets at Spawning Run) will join us.

Y'all come see us. And buy a book. Or two. Or more.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Becky, please tell Ida B. Peevish that she did in fact outshine you down in Redwood on Monday. I am glad the book is about Ida as I am sure it will be a laugh a minute. I am looking forward to visiting you and Marion at your book signing at the Daily Grind. Good job on the Rise and Shine show. Was Dick Shoemaker very nice? We are hooked on that show in our house now!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Ida B. thanks you.

Yes, Dick Shoemaker is wonderfully nice. I love being on his show. If I had cable, I'd watch it!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home