Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, May 06, 2011

Mellow Yellow

Another prominent color in my yard this spring is yellow. See?

Pansies

More pansies

Roses

Same roses, different view

I can't remember what this is called.

The center of daisies

I have many yellow irises.

Some paler yellow than others.

Some hidden away.


Some near the road.

Only parts of some irises are yellow.

Some are near a yellow-leafed bush.

Some of the yellow flowers I can do without. These buttercups in the pasture look pretty, but they're toxic. Fortunately, the mares leave them alone.



Seeing all the blooming stuff in my yard makes me feel like a flower child. Well, flower senior citizen maybe. 

Speaking of flower children, remember Donovan from the late 60s?


~

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger R.M. said...

Your 'yellow' garden is lovely! The pic of the 'mystery' plant is not clear - is it a Sedum? Hope you have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

4:44 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

You have a lovely yard.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I do remember Donovan and Mellow Yellow! In fact I have an album of his with that song on it. Lovely flowers! The only yellow thing I have here is buttercups.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home