Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Cats & Tractors

Sometimes the cats have big plans:

Chloe: Hey, Sherman, do you know how to start this thing?
Sherman: You can't do it by sitting on the tire? Don't start it until I finish inspecting the bush-hog.

Chloe: Hey Sherm, where are you going?

Sherman: Gotta see about unloading this cart.

Chloe: Well, if you aren't gonna help me start the tractor, I'm quitting.

Sherman: OK, I'm back. Chloe, where are you?
Spotz: She left. But I'll help. You could dump the small cart into this bigger cart. . . .

Sherman: That could work.

Chloe: I'll just supervise from up here.

Sherman: Spotz, after we dump the little cart in here, we can haul this big cart away with the tractor. 

Sherman: Uh-oh. Mom's here. I just remembered I was supposed to be on rodent patrol.

Twiggy: Spotz! Sherman! You kids stop fooling around and get back to the barn.

Spotz: We can use the tractor to scoop what's in the small cart to the bigger cart?

Spotz: OK, gotta be a way to start this thing. . . . Let me check that cart one more time.

Twiggy:  Spotz, get out of the cart. You and your brother are supposed to be doing barn work!

Spotz: Maybe my idea isn't going to work. Let's break for lunch before we go back to the barn.

~

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Cats are curious creatures. They have to check out everything. Cute pictures!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy Kennedy said...

Great job catching the kitties in action like this and then putting a story with it. Cute post!

~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Read today’s posts:
Amazing Grace
Drop 15 Pounds In 2 Months

1:05 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Poor overworked kitties! LOL.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Cats are really people.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Not Waving But Drowning said...

I love the cat pics, especially the ones with Spotz. He reminds me of my Patches.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home