Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Floored by Choices

Because my farm home has white carpet in the hall and light beige carpet in the den (I didn't choose these colors—they were here before we bought the place),  I'm going to have the entrances to each room tiled. I figure the mud clean-up will be much easier with tile.

Now, my problem is which tile. I went to Lowes and looked around. I found three (relatively cheap) possibilities. Here they are in the den, where the final choice will be in front of the sliding glass door:


Which looks best with the carpet? The dark tile coordinates well, the medium tile is close to a match with the kitchen counters, and the light tile brightens up the place a bit.

Now, here they are in the hall, where the area just inside the front door will be tiled:


I don't think the dark tile looks good here. Check them out against the wall:


I think I can eliminate the dark tile. But do I go for the light one or the medium?

Too many choices, even if it's only two.

~

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger CountryDew said...

I hate decorating! I hope you get it sorted out. I have found that the older I get, the lighter I tend to go with my colors.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cherie Reich said...

I think the darker tile looks good with the carpet, but I think the lightest tile looks best in the last pictures.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging the darker tile. I have very light tile in my kitchen and front entryway.... they show everything, and the grout always looks dirty... I hate grout.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I like the medium tile in the den and the lightest tile in the hall. Of course, I'm no decorator.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Medium. And I'm the flooring expert.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

I'd use the medium. It shows less dirt than the light and isn't too dark. Whatever you do, DO NOT USE WHITE GROUT!!! It's a nightmare to keep clean.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home