Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Melodygate


. . . a guest post by Melody Sundance, an almost-twenty-year-old TWH mare, wherein she demonstrates her breaking and entering ability:



I've finished my dinner and I'm still hungry. It isn't fair that Cupcake gets more to eat.


Look at all that food in her pan! I'll just break into her stall, run her out, and eat what's left.

Hmm. Looks like the gate isn't latched. Lucky me!


This is where my prehensile lip comes in handy.


Almost got it! Just have to pull it around with my head.


OK, I can slip in her stall now.


Drat! She ate it all up!


I'll have to work faster tomorrow.
~

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Little stinker!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a smartie pants she is!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

7:37 PM  
Anonymous claudia said...

That is too funny!!!!
Another Houdini!
Dumb animals, huh?

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home